Are you seeking a better lifestyle abroad, a warmer climate or need to move for your job? It is a big decision for all of those involved. We have put together a list to consider for your move…
- Visit the country you want to move to beforehand. Spend time getting to know the area and if you have children research the school options.
- Explore ex-pat forums and research the local customs and laws.
- Be a part of the community – If you are moving to country with a different language, make the effort and learn the language, it will help you settle into the community quicker.
- Don’t rush into buying abroad. Consider renting out your home in the UK for a period of time before you sell, as it will give you time to decide whether your dream move is right for you and your family.
- Get several quotes from International movers – prices vary greatly.
- If you are taking your beloved animal then plan your pet’s travel well ahead of time. This will allow time for any necessary vaccinations to be administered well before the date of travel.
- You will need to notify the tax authorities (i.e. HMRC) in the UK that you are planning to leave.
If you would like some help and support to move abroad, we are here for you. Our relocation packages are tailored specifically to you and can include helping you find a property to match your wish list and researching areas, attractions, support networks and even local schools, their availability and application process.
We also have a home management service perfect for if you decide to rent out your property. We can be a trusted key holder and point of contact that’s able to be on site quickly to deal with any household emergencies or maintenance. We can also organise everything from rent collection to utility bills, keys to inventories, annual appliance servicing to the end of tenancy clean and can provide regular visits to the property throughout the tenancy.